Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Non-Toxic and Amazing Colors: What more could you want from a nail polish!

We've moved to www.cupcakesandcutlery.com - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.


I am in love with Scotch Naturals nail polish.  I've seen it in a few magazines but never had the opportunity to try it out before.  Little did I know that my fingers would also be getting a make over from Mom's Fashion File.  Ginny, who IS Scotch Naturals, was on hand to do the manicures.  This polish is water based and totally non-toxic!  As is the remover.  How cool is that? {If you missed the makeover recap go here}   


While Ginny dressed our digits, I got to talk to her about the company.  Now I don't know exactly what her background is, but she is all science-y and stuff.  She talked of formulas, etc.  Of course I pretended to play along like I knew exactly what she was talking about.  :)  As I mentioned my fingers were painted a beautiful, sparkly black but I was kind of silently trying to talk them in to this amazing Navy shade.  These polishes are perfect for pregnant women and anyone looking to keep all those yucky toxins away from them and their fetus.  Oh and EVERYONE else too.   


Now I don't want this next part to come off too shallow, but it is the colors that really put this line over the top for me.  Sure I appreciate her concern for my health, but love that I absolutely don't have to sacrifice my style over it.  The colors are so saturated and gorgeous.  When I mentioned this I was told that because of the natural ingredients and pigments they use, the colors come out very brilliant.  And you know that I am a party blogger at heart and you can bet your hangnails that I am going to be using their site for color inspiration for upcoming parties and designing.  Go to their website to check out their full range of colors.  I just know you will love them too!  


And I don't have little girls of my own, but I will certainly be buying their Hopscotch Naturals line for many a gift in the future.  First of all, how perfect is that name?  How cute is the packaging?  And what an awesome way to teach youngsters about what they are putting on and in their bodies! Find out where to buy Hopscotch Naturals {here}. 

You can plug in your zip code to find a store in your area or purchase straight from their website.  If you are in Orange County, it looks like Seed People's Market in Costa Mesa is your best bet {ps, they have a baby/kids section with great gift items!!}  

I'm so grateful to Mom's Fashion File for that makeover experience!  They put together an amazing group of sponsors! 

Follow Scotch Naturals on Twitter and Facebook!

Sharon
Photos by Amy Winkelmann for Cupcakes and Cutlery

I was not paid for this post.  I was given a Scotch Naturals nail polish after my manicure but the choice to post about this brand was all mine.  And I love them. 

3 comments:

Jenny @ Hank + Hunt said...

OMG LOVE!!! The closest one to me is Walla Walla. I will certainly be ordering online. I really want "to hell with swords and garters" mainly for the color, but I adore the name! too cool. and that kids line is brilliant!

Go Against The Grain said...

darn closest one to me is in Oklahoma. Guess I'll be online shopping! Love the colors!

Jackie Culmer said...

My three year old will be so excited! She bites her nails so we won't let her wear nail polish. This might be a great bribe! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...