Monday, June 13, 2011

Inspiration Board Challenge - June

We've moved to www.cupcakesandcutlery.com - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.


So after a month off from the Inspiration Board Challenge it's back!  And we have the amazing Annika from Cakes likes a Party as this month's participant.  I recently found out that she lives within 20 minutes of me.  I really hope that I get to meet up with her soon.  It's so fun to know fun party people in your area. 

photo via Cakes Likes a Party
 How amazing are these invites that she created for her son's birthday?  LOVE her style. 

photo via Cakes Likes a Party

Annika's blog is amazing!  For one, she has a background in graphic design and she sometimes offers these great free printables.  If I entertain for the 4th of July, I will for sure be using one of these banners.  

photo via Cakes Likes a Party

And one of my fave Mother's Day themes ever has to be this "Trophy Mom" theme she put together to celebrate her own mom.  Super cute, totally unique and the perfect mix of modern and vintage.  She also belongs to a gourmet supper club and blogs about that experience.  And I can tell from her "Idea Thief" and "Not my Party" features that she has great style.  I'm super excited to see what she comes up with from the inspiration piece below. 

 Girly Girls like... is a great visual blog with beautiful images.  As I was perusing the entries I came across this AMAZING piece by Andy Warhol of ballet slippers.
image of Andy Warhol piece via Girly Girls Like...

I love this print.  I love how many different kinds of events it can inspire.  It would work in a glammed out setting or more funky and cool.  What will Annika do?!  I can't wait to see!!!!!

Sharon

1 comment:

cakeslikesaparty.com said...

Yay! Super excited to be putting this together! Thanks for the fun writeup!!! Love the image I get to work with!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...