Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Love is in the Hair - An Event Wrap Up

We've moved to www.cupcakesandcutlery.com - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.

Photo from Whoorl

Look at that sweet face.  You must read her story on Whoorl.  Bring tissues.  As a mom, you never want to have to think of a life without your child.  But that is a reality for so many families in this world.  When I was asked to help decorate a fundraiser benefiting The Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation of course I said yes.  Decorating was really only a tiny part of this very important fundraiser put on by Tiny Oranges and Tera Rae Stephens but I'm glad that I could participate in such a worthy cause.  (Read more about the Foundation here).

I asked Lauren to help a sista out and because she is the coolest, she agreed.  Here are some of the details from the event. 





Lauren really hit this one out of the park.  Her calligraphy gets me every time and made the decor extra special.  And the fringe!  Check out the adorable close up of the photo backdrop pink fringe heart and matching bellini bar tags!  Adorbs!

Photo by Sugar and Spice
Here is a better look at Lauren's pink fringe heart!  So great!  And the amazing co-hosts Jen and Tera.

More event wrap ups here:
Hair Thursday
The Modchick
Sugar and Spice
and check back for a wrap up by Tiny Oranges later this week!

Best of all, the event raised $3,000!  Total success!

I personally want to thank Tera and Jennifer for asking me to be part of this amazing event, to Lauren for always being willing to participate with me, to Amy (my dear friend) for always coming to my rescue and assisting with the day-of craziness, Lauren of Nothing Bundt Cakes (opening next week in Costa Mesa!) for donating such yummy treats and Sensitive Sweets for their mini cupcakes and lemon bars!  And if you haven't yet been to TEK Salon (no web page yet!) where the event was held, you totally need to go.  Totally cool atmosphere, great products, the BEST stylists and an amazing new owner, Debra.  Its been completely redone and they are bringing on super talented make up artists and other skilled professionals to make you beautiful.  Check it out!

Sharon

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a lovely post! Great photos too. Wish we had a chance to chat at TEK. Next time my dear.

Kat

Maja said...

I love it! I have just started following the Blog, I am from Brazil and your ideas are fantastic! Congratulations

cantinhodamaja.blogspot.com

lyndsey @ the stationery place said...

you girls did SUCH a great job! and what a good cause. nice work!

Jenny @ Hank + Hunt said...

I'm so glad it went so wonderfully! It's just gorgeous! I need pink fringe!!! Great job ladies! I'm jealous...I wanna play too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...