Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Like a moth to a flame

We've moved to www.cupcakesandcutlery.com - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.




Have I mentioned that I HATE fire? I could never take up smoking with all the cool kids because I refused, on account of my irrational fear of losing my whole hand, to light a lighter. I don't bbq because I want to keep my eyebrows and I don't light candles because I have secretly always wanted to be a hand model and scars would greatly diminish that chance. It is safe to say, most of my parties have been free from the soft glow of a causally, yet artfully arranged candle cluster. One thing that I have always wanted at a party is luminaries. But in my head they are totally unsafe. Never mind the fact that people have been using them for years with no major catastrophes. I can't use them. I can't get over the fact that the paper towers over the open flame, almost tauntingly. How does it not catch on fire??!!!?? I'm sure that you use a tall clyindar vase to house the candle, but that's not what you want your guests to see as they walk buy. You want them to see the flickering glow. But now, I have finally found something that will fulfill my luminarie fantasies. These Recycled Paper Votive Cups would totally do the trick. You simply slip these over a 2" glass votive holder with candle inside and they provide instant interest to your table, bathroom, anywhere your guests may glance. I even picture these lined up in an entryway. They are 4" high which I feel comfortable with in case it did catch fire and I had to stomp one out and save everyone at the party. They come in three colors: white, black or crimson. And in three styles: butterfly, honeycomb or leaves. I am in LOVE with the black honeycomb version. They come in a pack of 4 for about $15.00 (available at Delight.com and Publiqueliving.com. These are reusable and can be used in conjunction with so many different party themes. And guess who made these? The imaginative guy behind the pop up placemats. Awesome. At last I have another unique item to set my party apart from the masses. A candle decoration that my inner safety monitor is okay with. Don't even get me started on sparklers.

S-
(photos via publiqueliving.com)

1 comment:

Morgan said...

These are so cute! I would definitely line my entire back yard with these for a special event -- thanks for sharing!

Morgan
www.pepperdesignblog.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...