Friday, September 11, 2009

How do they do it? Stout Pinata Perfection

We've moved to www.cupcakesandcutlery.com - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.





My friend, T throws the best parties. Unlike me, she will stay up until the middle of the night getting all the details just right before a party. Depending on how tired I am, I start dropping special touches. But this personalized pinata idea is one that I have stolen from her. She always uses a ready made pinata from the local party store and changes it to fit her party theme exactly. I especially love the one that she did for the joint birthday party she threw for her son and daughter. I can't believe she found a nice simple rectangle for the base. And using some of the designs created for the party by the always awesome Paper and Cake, she created a one of a kind pinata that the kids couldn't wait to destroy. Here is another great (crazy) thing that T does. Not only does she fill the pinata with mostly regular sized candy, but she also has an extra grocery bag full of candy that she dumps on top of the kids. You should see the parents shoving their kids back in to get them some candy too. One thing that I did when I shared a milestone birthday (my 30th) with a child's milestone birthday (my son's first birthday) is had two pinatas redesigned to perfectly match the rest of the decor. One was done for the kids with small candies and toys and the other one was for the adults and had small denomination gift cards for Starbucks, Baskin Robbins, luggage tags, cute magnets, etc. The adults loved being able to get in on the pinata for once and it is certainly a party detail that I will use again.

S-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...