Monday, June 15, 2009

The Big Gulp of Cupcakes

We've moved to www.cupcakesandcutlery.com - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.



T and I made the most amazing discovery recently. It was quite by accident. Two weeks ago, her 6 month old son, Jack, became very ill and was admitted to the hospital. Turns out he had/has Kawasaki's disease (totally not sure if that is how you spell it but I am too tired/lazy to look it up). After 4 nights in the hospital, he is back at home with some moderate follow up but for the most part is doing amazing. As this came up super suddenly, T asked me to help her with the planning of her 5 year old to be and 2 year old to be's joint birthday party. I have amazing photos from the party which I will have her post, but there is one thing that I couldn't wait to tell you about. The cupcakes. I know, it seems like I have transitioned from all my posts being about wine, to cupcakes. Whatevs. T wanted to do cupcakes but she was expecting a large number of guests and wasn't sure how many she was going to have to order. Sprinkles was out for sure as that would have cost more then Jack's hospital bills. She suggested I check Costco as their cakes taste pretty good and are pretty inexpensive. I called and they said their cupcakes were 20 for $16.99 and came in vanilla and chocolate. As we were adding cupcakes picks (custom ones, designed by Paper and Cake!) we didn't need anything fancy. So she placed her order the minute she had a handle on the number of guests that might show up. So I show up at her house on the day of the party, the cupcakes are the size of the Costco muffins!!!!!!!!!! For those of you that don't know, those muffins equal roughly 3 regular muffins. They looked great (she had them leave off and tasted pretty darn good. And the price certainly can't be beat. Have any of you ever ordered them before? Delicious. And you should have seen the look on the kid's faces! Thanks to the oversized cupcakes and the candy bar T set up, the kids went home high on sugar.

S-

3 comments:

k said...

Whoda thunk? Costco for cupcakes!?! Thanks for the info... my next party/event just may call for giant cupcakes.

abigail @ Piece of Cake said...

this looks AMAZING!!! i cant wait to see the rest :) it was really great to work with you again,

abigail @ paper&cake

Not just a Mommy! said...

Yes, the Costco cupcakes are ginamorous and kids love them! It's like they get their own cake.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...