Sunday, June 21, 2009

Tiny containers are huge right now

We've moved to - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.

Happy Monday readers!!! I hope you all had a great weekend. My husband and I got our first date night in soooooo long!!! We had a great dinner at Mastro's and saw an awesome band, Dinosaur Jr., play. But I am much to old to stay out so late and wouldn't you know, I'll be trying to make up that lost sleep the rest of this week. Which is crazy because that was supposed to be our night to make up sleep that the baby is stealing from us...We didn't plan that too well. I also want to apologize for our sporadic posts. A's computer is broke as a joke (and I am pretty sure that her son, N, had nothing to do with it this time). So this leaves me to post. Which is fine, I love to do it. But of course this comes at a time when my sons are really in need of my attention. So as much as I love to post, that has to take a back seat. So bear with us and we hope to be back in the swing of things again soon.

That being said, I am in full party plan mode. Which led me to a source that I MUST share with you. I had found it before but in our move (you know, like 8 months ago) things got moved around (ok, you got me, are still in boxes...). Have you seen Smarty had a Party? I love to do individual desserts. And the look of votive holders is not very new or modern. Smarty had a Party has a ton of options to choose from and the price is great!! Like 50 2 oz. disposable mini tasting glasses for $6.95 (they also sell them in larger quantities if you need them). I think this is what I am going to use for individual root beer floats. I am going to pre scoop (with a mini scooper) vanilla ice cream and refreeze it so it is super easy to plate up during the party. Then when the time is right, I will drop two scoops in to these little glasses and put them on a tray. Then I will walk the party and encourage the guests to make their own floats using the small root beer keg that will be set out. I love having guests make their own treats as it really gets them involved and keeps things from getting boring. Smarty had a Party carries all kinds of unique serving (most, if not all, is disposable) pieces, tasting spoons, cutlery, napkins, displays (kind of expensive, think of them as an investment piece). I will update this with a review of their customer service as soon as I buy from them. Check them out!!

1 comment:

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

Great Resource! I love anything "mini" also!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...