Monday, April 27, 2009

This Totally Sucks

We've moved to www.cupcakesandcutlery.com - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.







Have you ever had one of those moments where you just felt like you totally suck as a parent? So I had the day off the other day. I dropped my daughter off at school and then came home, determined to make it a productive day. My two year old was begging to watch Dora, so I set him up with a snack and the thought that I could get about a half hour of cleaning time in while he was glued to the television (I know, you think that's the bad parenting....but just wait, it gets worse...) I ran upstairs and started scrubbing the bathtub. About five minutes in, I hear him giggling like there's no tomorrow and clapping. "That's funny..." I think, but don't think much more. Two or three minutes later though, the laughter continues and the thought occurs to me that, you know, Dora's just not that funny. I run downstairs to see what's going on and see him with my laptop (open and ON!). So naturally I freak out and bolt downstairs (worried about fingerprints on the screen...ha!) Anyway, I get to the last step, peek around the corner and see that he has somehow managed to pull almost all the keys off the keyboard!!! No joke. Yeah, that totally sucked.



Here's something that totally sucks too, but in a completely different way. I absolutely love these party straws from Party Partners Designs. And at just $3.00 for a set of 12, they are a detail you can definitely afford to work into your next soiree. Or for that matter, I could see working an entire theme around some of them...just use solid colored plates and napkins and you've got a super cute party on a very reasonable budget. Their site has a ton of other cute and affordable details too, so be sure to take a look around and see what else you can use to give your affair a few extra special touches.



a-



1 comment:

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

OMG, I'm constantly amazed at the things kids figure out how to do!!! On the other hand, those straws are adorable!! ; )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...