Monday, March 23, 2009

Hybrid Tableware

We've moved to www.cupcakesandcutlery.com - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.


Okay, I'm officially back and joining the land of the living. I have never had so much sickness in my life. Between the kids, the hubbie and then me, I was starting to wonder if we should just all check into the local hospital and call it a day. But I think we've officially gotten the all clear and I have now soaked my house from top to bottom in bleach so I'm hoping that whatever gross little germs were hiding out are now officially gone. And so I guess its back to work!




And work its been...I've been HARD at work this week on my little guy's 2nd birthday. You would think that a birthday party for a two year old should be so simple and easy to put together. You'd think. Unless you are like me (or S) and are completely obsessive about putting together a shindig. To make matters worse, I lost some serious party planning time due to the sickness so I'm way behind on this one (although, check back later and I'll share some of the things I came up with in my party planning efforts. Well worth it. But that's another post for another day....) Anyway, so I can pretty much never have my kids parties at our house due to the teeny-tinyness of it, and that is always the hardest part in planning these events. My kids were born in January and March so its hard to find places that aren't weather-adverse. But this year I'm taking a chance and praying to God that it will be a decent day since I've planned my son's soiree at a local park. And that has added a whole extra layer of complication to the party planning. I mean, have you ever really given thought to planning a kids birthday at a park? Trying to make sure you remember to bring everything plus figuring out the menu is a complete nightmare. I've tried to come up with a few creative alternatives for serving food outside this year, but I also had a hard time with what to use for cups and plates. I mean, there's the whole environmental issue about leaving all that trash behind at the park, but who wants to pack up a bunch of glassware from home and drag it outside? So thank God for Preserve Tableware. I like to call it hybrid tableware. Its disposable, but its like a step above. Nice enough that you can use, take home, wash and reuse, but cheap enough (like $3-8 per package, totally inexpensive) that if it gets broken or otherwise ruined, its no big deal! Plus its made from 100% recycled plastic so its disposable you can feel good about. You can buy the products all over the place online, like here at amazon.com or in stores like Target stores, Trader Joe's, and Whole Foods Market. And now, back to work on my super sweet second birthday party....

a-

2 comments:

Not just a Mommy! said...

Aren't these the bestest? I saw them at our Target, just in red and green though, I'm hoping they get other colors in.

Zarebski said...

So sweet tableware set for kids!! Kids really love this kind of colorful stuff!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...