Thursday, January 22, 2009

Just stopping by...

We've moved to www.cupcakesandcutlery.com - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.




So, I have a free minute right now and I thought instead of trying to take a nap, I would drop in and post. I have so many things I want to post about, but I haven't figured out how to work it in to my daily schedule. Most mornings I drink my coffee in the shower. I am now an even better multi-tasker. M is doing great and is pretty consistent through the night. He is up more during the day and certainly likes for O and I to know he is here. It has been interesting trying to feed the baby and get O's lunch/breakfast/dinner together at the same time. O has been a trooper and I am pleasantly surprised by his behavior. But enough about me. Now let's talk about my craving for adult beverages. Yes, I still want to drink cocktails and wine like nobodies business. I know, I know, in moderation is fine. But who really wants to set limits? I want to enjoy my wine with dinner and not be concerned about how much I am having. So I'll wait and pine for the day when I get my body back and get to eat and drink what I like (broccoli, until we meet again...)

I found these Cholives on Outblush daily. They are dark chocolates shaped like olives and filled with a chocolate ganache. What a great idea. As much as I'd like to be a fan of a classic martini, I don't think that I am. I mean, sure, I could drink one (especially if it is drink number 2 or 3) but I wouldn't really enjoy it. And that makes me jealous because people who drink them really look like they like them and especially the olive garnish that comes with it. So now, I can have a garnish that I enjoy. Throw a few of these Cholives into a lemon drop, yum! And you know I like a good beverage bar item... These would be so cool for a kids punch bar as well. For some reason I try to adult-up my kids party ideas. I think kids would really like that. To have a party where they get to use special glassware, and make them feel more sophisticated then the everyday party. Anywho, there are several quantities to choose from starting around $14 for 13 on up to bulk sizes. You can buy them straight from the Cholive website. The website also has tons of drink recipes available for you to try your hand at. These would have been perfect on our recent coffee drink bar also. Maybe these will make an appearance at O's upcoming 3rd birthday...

*note: I hope to be back to two days a week soon, but we'll just have to see how it goes. I'm going to go try to take a nap now while O is in quiet time and M is still semi sleeping. Wish me luck! And I apologize for errors. I was having trouble forming thoughts...

1 comment:

Michelle Sybert said...

thanks for entering my blogroll! I love your blog and I hear you are neighbors with Jen or No More Boring Cakes and you live in Vista too, small world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...