Thursday, November 20, 2008

Boo!

We've moved to www.cupcakesandcutlery.com - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.


I hate to post over my baby shower.  It was so great!!!!! I wish it could have gone on for days.  The weather was perfect.  And aside from the wildfires that broke out all over Orange County and caused two of my guests to rush home to evacuate, it was a relaxing, perfect day.  Well, until I got the call that my son had to get two staples in the back of his head.  But that is another story for another day (he's fine by the way).  But even the medical emergency couldn't negate all that the day held.  Thanks again.  Which is why I really debated whether I should post this today or not.  But alas, here I am.  Even though Halloween is long gone and we have moved on to next holiday, I felt like this needed to be posted.  For sure I would forget about this for a post next year, so at least if you all come back to the site next year and look up holidays, this will be there.  
And actually this is nothing that I did.  This is a T project, but ha! I'm the one that thought to take a picture so I get to post about it.  T had been in her new house just a month before Halloween.  And being a new neighborhood, she really wanted  to be the one to take her kids trick or treating.  But Dad wanted to go too.  What to do?  There is always that tugging feeling of I can't not give out candy just because I want to take my kids to get some.  So what do you do?  We just put out a bowl of candy when we left our neighborhood to meet up with friends.  But I really just have a feeling that the first greedy candy goblin that came along took the whole lot of it and ruined our house for everyone else.  So here is what T did that I think was great.  She had her 4 year old son stamp the word "boo" on inexpensive brown bags and then put a few pieces of candy in each one.  I'm not sure how these were displayed at her house, but knowing her it was probably on a rented table with special linens...What I love about this inexpensive idea is that it was different, a little more special than just leaving a bowl of candy out.  And I don't know about you, but as I kid, I wouldn't have wanted to take more than one of these for fear that all of that extra packing material would take up precious candy space in my bag.  I love that this same idea could  be used for a party favor and in some cases, sending treats to a child's classroom (not sure if they allow that anymore).  And with the amazing world of stamps out there, and colored bags, there is no end to all the occasions that this can be done for.  Just add a little pink ribbon closure or create a custom seal and your options are endless.  I'm really glad I got to see T on Halloween morning and got one of her creations or there would have been no post for today...:)
s-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...