Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A nice, happy Halloween

We've moved to www.cupcakesandcutlery.com - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.





I have to make this quick.  Gossip Girl starts in 5 minutes and I don't want to miss a second of Chuck Bass.  He's my favorite.  My husband and I try to copy his side smirk at commercial breaks.  I wonder if they are going to have a Halloween episode where all the girls dress up like naughty nurses or naughty maids or naughty socialites?  I pretty much hate Halloween (I may have mentioned this before).  And I feel like this year, even more so then in the past, the decorations and party supplies are super evil and scary.  That is why I was so pleased to see these cute ideas in the Lilly Vernon catalog.  Like these candy bar wrappers for fun size bars.  They come in a set of 30 for $4.98.  I wouldn't hand them out for trick or treating because it might freak the parents out to have the real label gone, but they would be so cute to have on hand at a costume party.  And, I could totally put the wrappers on the candy during my favorite tv show.  There is also the Pin the Eye on the Monster game for $6.98.  This is a happy monster.  A cute monster.  Not an I'm going to eat your entire family monster.  And last but not least, there is a Ghost Bingo that would be really cute to play.  It includes 18 different bingo cards and costs $5.98.  Or you can get two sets for $9.96.  And in my many trips to Target this weekend, I came across something similar to what A posted about a few weeks ago.  In the scrapbooking aisle I spotted a Halloween Party in a Pad by Marcella K.  It was $9.99 (I think!  you better check for yourself!) and included invitations (I think 12), table decorations and a whole lot more.  And like these cute, non-scary items noted above, the graphics in the party pad were cute but totally more modern.  So grab the pad, a couple of the games above, the candy wrappers for favors and bake some cupcakes.  You've got yourself a party for a very small price.  And just so you all know, I do give out candy to trick or treaters.  I don't just turn the lights off and pretend not to be home.  But if it cuts in to my tv time too much, I'll have to just set the bowl of candy on the porch.    

s-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...