Thursday, August 28, 2008

One Step Ahead and no steps back!

We've moved to www.cupcakesandcutlery.com - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.





The way my head works is that I can be reading a magazine, catalogue or even shopping in a store and see something and immediately figure out a way to use it for a party. Is this a useful trait, like say, simple math, not really. But I think it is part of what makes me uniquely me. (Although I think A and T are also afflicted in this manner). So as I was reading a recent One Step Ahead Catalogue I got very excited at finding a few great products that could be used at a future party. I love the divided trays that they have at Pottery Barn Kids (although I just looked online for them and couldn't find them. They could only be sold in the stores, I just don't know, I haven't been there in a really long time). I am not sure about you all, but in this economy (what I am I 50 now?), where we are worried about how much it will cost to fill up our gas tanks, these pricey trays become a very low priority (Starbucks, don't you worry, you will always be my top priority, shhhh, it will be our little secret). But One Step Ahead has a similar tray in a 6 pack for $10.95!!! They come in blue, green and yellow (PBK wins here with their color options). They are microwavable and top-shelf dishwasher safe. They can be reused after the party for your kids regular meals too. I see these being great at all kinds of kids parties including a camp themed party with a mess hall. These trays can also be used as a serving dish or antipasto plate for a more grown up party. The catalogue also has matching sip bowls (6 for $9.95) which would be soooo great for an ice cream social. And last but not least, I saw this Good Bites Mini Bites cutter ($5.95) that would make creating appetizers a snap! It is made for cutting your child's sandwich into small bites and removing the crusts. Um, hello finger sandwiches! It makes me want to have a tea party this afternoon. Well, okay maybe not this afternoon because I don't have the cutter and I would have to spend that extra time cutting the crusts off and cutting in equal portions. No thank you. But maybe soon. Aside from these great products the catalogue also has safety items for baby proofing your home, clothes, toys and all kinds of great convenience items for parents. Okay, time to got get gas, which just happens to be right by a Starbucks. I hope I have a few dollars left over to get at least a few gallons in the car...


s-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...