Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A craft even I can do

We've moved to - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.

*BEST OF...This post was originally from July 15, 2008 and while summer is over for some and slowly winding down for others, we've still got a few months of sunshine left (at least on the west coast). In fact, I'm thinking of making these for a movie watching party...

For my son, O's first birthday, I had a grand vision of custom cushions to match the custom easy up covers that would create this fantasy, country club oasis. I found the perfect fabric in downtown Los Angeles, and although covering the canopies sounded like an easy idea at the time, it proved to be a daunting task (the simple math for figuring out how much fabric we would need nearly left T and I disfigured). But surely cushions would be a piece of cake, right? Wrong-O. Luckily my close family friend, Jenny, came to my rescue (as she did with my wedding too! Thanks Jenny!) and helped me sew them all the weekend before the party. So when I was perusing my new copy of Family Fun magazine and saw these no sew outdoor pillows, I became very excited and felt there were others out there whose ideas are often bigger then their craft capabilities. With only 4 items needed, I am pretty sure that I could do this. And I have a feeling you can too. Check out the directions and modify them as you would like. I'll tell you what, I'm so ready for my next outdoor party. There are going to be a whole heck of a lot of pillows in coordinating colors and patterns. I can't wait!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...