Monday, May 19, 2008

Paper Plates Just Got a Whole Lot Cooler

My husband really enjoys eating with people. And I think he really enjoys surprising me too. Because yesterday on the way home from church, he sort of casually let me know that he just invited about ten people or so over for lunch. You can only imagine my reaction. My life flashed before my eyes. I mean, lets not even talk about the unfolded laundry on the couch, the remnants of last nights dinner dishes that were still in the sink, and the one million toys that my kids had all over the floor. I’m having a heart attack right now just reliving it. So anyway, cut to me rushing around the house like a maniac doing my best to get things in order. And amazingly, things managed to be somewhat presentable in time for the first guest to arrive. Until, that is, I realized that I had shoved most of our dishes in the now running dishwasher and would not have enough plates to serve lunch on! Thankfully this was a VERY casual get together because it was quite a sight watching my husband and his friends eating off of my daughter’s Dora and Hello Kitty plates. It was about the time I saw that when I realized I really should be keeping a stock of cute paper plates on hand for occasions such as these. And you’ll want to too when you see these. Designer Jackie Shapiro has outdone herself. I’m sure by now, most of you have seen her French Bull collection of melamine housewares. The collection includes everything from dishes and bowls to flatware, lazy susans and serving platters. But did you also know that French Bull has a line of paper products as well? Placemats, plates and napkins in some of the cutest designs I have ever seen. Most of them match the designs on her melamine collection as well. You can find the line at our favorite, or you can check them out at as well. Totally modern, totally affordable and totally disposable. Amazing.

*note - photos above, except for French Bull logo are from Plum Party. They Rock!

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...