Sunday, May 4, 2008

I Must Be Dreaming

Lately, my husband and I have been having some sort of unspoken contest to see who can get the least amount of sleep. Usually with his early am shifts and staying up late because of the whole wanting to see his kids thing, he trumps me no problem. But today I just might have him beat. I'm working off of a good four hours right now and based on the condition of my house, the mountain of laundry that needs to be folded and the fact that I haven't even started making lunches for tomorrow, its looking like another late night. And yet, here I sit, blogging away. (S - I just want you to note my level of commitment here...)

Anyway, since I'm not sure what the rest of my week will look like, I thought I'd squeeze a quick post in tonight while I can still put a semi-coherent thought together.

These days I'm wishing there were, I don't know, maybe 36 hours in a day. Unfortunately, it looks like 24 hours is the best I'm going to get so I've got to settle for cramming as much into each day as humanly possible. Its hard sometimes to get a hot meal on the table for my family with the schedule I keep, no less plan to entertain. I've got to take all the help I can get. Which is why I'm so thankful for Dream Dinners. If you're a working mom like me, you might be familiar with Dream Dinners - they are basically meal assembly stores. They provide everything you need to assemble make-ahead meals that you can take and freeze for the weeks to come. At their stores you can spend a few hours basically preparing the next few weeks worth of meals. A huge time saver for those of us who have a hard time pulling together a healthy meal on time each night. PLUS (I have to admit, this is my favorite part) they include suggestions for side dishes to make the rest of your shopping that much easier. Oh, did I mention that the food is AWESOME? I can honestly say that I've never had a bad Dream Dinners experience. And now, for those of us who could use some help with our entertaining, Dream Dinners offers a free guide to self-catering - complete with Dream Dinners menu and calculations for paper goods and beverages plus a timeline for the day of your event. Their current Easy Entertaining self-catering guide takes you through summer and includes ideas for Cinco De Mayo, Father's Day and the 4th of July. Visit their website to find your nearest location and make your next event a real dream.

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...