Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A delightful discovery

We've moved to www.cupcakesandcutlery.com - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.

My four year old son, Oliver,  is kind of amazing.  He is totally smarter than a 5th grader, he's loves music and comes up with amazing party ideas all the time.  Take, for instance, his brother's 2nd birthday party.  It was Oliver's idea to do a juice bar.  I was floored.  What a brilliant idea.  And I did it too.  I will be showing photos soon.  And it was his discovery this evening that I just had to share with the rest of you.  My son used to have an iphone - don't get all judgey, it was mine but then I got a new one.  He'd play games and listen to music and one day it died.  A moment of silence please.  No really, that is all I get now that he doesn't have it to play with.  So now, from time to time, I let him play with my ipod that I have in the kitchen which provides our soundtrack to dinner.  Tonight, he was in the other room and came running excitedly in the kitchen with the ipod and his paper amp.  You know, the ones that go with those weird flat guitars that were all the rage this Christmas?  He says, "Mom!  The music totally comes out of the amp!"  And he was right.  And it kinda sounded pretty good!  Why hadn't I known this two weeks ago for his brother's bday?  It would have worked way better than the tiny speaker we had.  So I wanted to share with all you party mom's.  Go steal your kid's amp!  And the funniest part is that it is small and nondescript and could easily fit in to a party scene without someone asking you what the heck you are thinking.  Crazier still?  They cost between $8-$15 depending on where you purchase.  Party on, dudes.

Please notice the oversized cowboy boots on my younger son in the photo.  Although he has some in his own size, he much prefers his older bro's.  Do not think your screen is distorting it, I know it sort of look like his legs are on wrong.


Meredith said...

that is so cute! what a boy!

Jenny @ Hank + Hunt said...

Eek! I didn't know they made such things! Awesome!

marielex1 said...


M for Short said...

Hilarious. I think Oliver must be a pip to hang with.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...