Thursday, December 9, 2010

OC Event: Wine and Music - Another perfect pair

We've moved to - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.

For years my dad only listened to the Doobie Brothers and Steely Dan.  I'm sure that is a gross exaggeration, but it sure seemed like that is all we listened to.  I remember day dreaming about throwing those cassette tapes out the car window on long family road trips.  And although today Steely Dan is one of my favorites, I was grateful when he turned the corner to smooth jazz.  Finally we got some Dave Koz saxophone up in that mini van .  Sharon, where is this going, I hear you thinking.  And before you get outright snarky, I'm about to get to the details.  

Whole Foods Huntington Beach is putting on a fun little event on Monday, December 13, 2010 and I am very sad I can't go.  Dave Koz is also a vintner (makes wine) and to celebrate the release of his new CD "Hello Tomorrow" he will be playing a short live set, signing cds and hosting a little wine tasting.  So fun!  Can't find a babysitter like me?  Live in another state?  This "perfect pair" will be sold at all Whole Foods Markets (price may vary) and will include a bottle of wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay or my fave Sauvignon Blanc) and the new Dave Koz CD.

The event costs only $5 per person.  For that paltry amount you get a wine tasting, live music by renowned saxophonist Dave Koz, and can get your cd signed by the artist himself (as long as you buy the wine and cd, $20 - total bargain).  If I were you, I would whip up a cute little coupon for a night on the town and give an early Christmas present to those people on your gift list that have everything.  I'm guessing they don't have a semi-private Dave Koz concert on their "been there, done that" list.

Whole Foods Huntington Beach
7881 Edinger Ave, Suite 150, Huntington Beach, CA 92647


Special note to Dave Koz:  Terribly sorry that I can't make it.  While my 4 year old would be totally in to you my two year old seems to be more into rap and would probably cause a scene.  And don't get me started on their thoughts on red versus white.  If only there was to be straight grape juice offered this event would have worked out for all of us.  

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...