Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cake & Pictures - Inspiration: Travel

We've moved to - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.

Can you guys tell that I really like inspiration boards?  I'm not really sure why I am just starting to love them so much, as they have been around, for like ever.  But I do know that they are super fun to put together, exceptionally fun to look at and have been an amazing tool for meeting great people and learning about new companies.  

I met Heather, with Cake & Pictures, back in October when she let me know that she linked to my Halloween playlist that I had done for Hi Fi Weddings.  I started to learn a little about Cake & Pictures and fell in love, especially with their blog called "The Pantry".  Since I am still pretty new to putting together inspiration boards, I sometimes have to search and search for great photographers whose work I like.  Well, in this case, Cake & Pictures has done all that searching for you and put together an amazing resource for tracking down truly talented photographers.  So whether you are a bride looking for the perfect person to capture the memories of your day, a planner trying to stay up on whose who in the world of wedding photography or just an arty gal looking for inspiration for her mood boards, this site is for you.  I asked Heather to do some boards based on popular current themes to showcase some of their photographers.  This is the first installment and she will be sending over several more in the coming weeks.  

Inspiration Theme:  Travel

Photo Sources: 

In Heather's words:

With winter just around the corner (at least over here in the Northeast!)—who isn't thinking about traveling some place warm? I've noticed a continuing trend of travel-themed weddings and have to say, I absolutely love it! Weddings give couples a chance to share their unique personalities, hobbies, and style with loved ones. For all you travel-lovers out there—this could be the perfect theme for your wedding! Try holding your special day at an historic train station, decorate with maps and symbols of your favorite place, eat ethnic foods, or simply send passport-styled invitations/use postcard place cards. With an endless amount of destinations comes limitless amounts of inspiration. 

The photographers featured above are all members of Cake & Pictures, the only website exclusively dedicated to bringing brides and wedding planners a comprehensive selection of the very best wedding photographers from around the world. With photographers worldwide, we make it easy to find your perfect photographer wherever your travel-loving heart desires.

I can't wait to see what Heather comes up with next!! Check out Cake & Pictures!  Your eyes will be pleased, I promise.  


*Please note this board was revised from the original one posted.  If you have questions about the original, email me and I'll patch you through to Cake & Pictures. 


Jenny @ Hank + Hunt said...

What a gorgeous inspiration board! I can't wait to see the others!

BTW Love the new background. L.O.V.E.

Heather said...

Love it!! Thanks, Sharon! Excited for the next installment :)

-Heather@ Cake & Pictures


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...