Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Drum Roll Please - Announcing the Inspiration Board Challenge...

We've moved to www.cupcakesandcutlery.com - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.


I have been wanting to add some fun elements to the blog for quite some time. And while there are so many minor edits that I wanted to make before throwing anything new in to the mix, I decided to just go for it. So what the heck is the challenge? In a nutshell, I am choosing an item that another, esteemed party blogger will create an inspiration board for. They will have a month in which to put their masterpiece together. I will post their board on the last day of the month so we can marvel in their party awesomeness. The inspiration item will be anything that I come across that I think would make a great party.


My very first challenge participant is Chris Nease of Celebrations at Home (I had to put a picture of Chris up, look at that lovely smile :). I've talked about her before but in case you don't know, I really look up to her. I like her style, her supportive comments and willingness to foster a sense of community in what can sometimes be a rather cut-throat blogging world. When I asked her to be my first participant she didn't even hesitate and gave me the confidence I needed to launch a fun little segment.

To kick off the inaugural challenge, the inspiration piece I have chosen is an adorable retirement party invitation by Lisa Hu Chen. All of her invitations are created custom per her client's requests. She is a mother, a graphic designer, blogger and an excellent party thrower in her own right (you may recognize her name from this party on Hip Hip Hooray).

I look forward to seeing what Chris comes up with. And be sure to check back in on Lisa's website as she adds more samples and information.

Interested in participating? Email me!

Sharon

4 comments:

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

Oooh, the pressures on! : D

Thank you for your sweet comments - you make me blush.

This invitation is a great inspiration piece!

Not Just A Mommy! said...

What an awesome idea! And Chris is a party rockstar, so she will knock it out the park!

Can't wait to see, no pressure though...

lotus+november said...

I'm so excited to see what Chris will come up with

Courtney said...

I know she will rock it! She's so talented!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...