Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cupcake Camp OC - the only way to camp

We've moved to - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.

I set out this morning to bring you the latest in party products. But then I remembered that there is a really great event coming up, in my neck of the woods, and I wanted to share. The Cupcake Camp OC will take place on August 1, 2010 from 3 - 6 pm at the Atrium Hotel near John Wayne. What may come off to some like a fluff event is really being put on to raise money and awareness for a good cause, the end of human trafficking. I have watched this event come together for a while, from an initial tweet where I learned about the event to more and more local bakers and companies coming on board as sponsors. One of my personal favorites, Meringue Bake Shop, will be bringing baked goodies and I can't wait to see what unique flavors she's decided on. I am dying to get involved but as life would have it, I don't have a spare moment until a week after the event. Hopefully this will be a yearly event and I will be able to lend a hand next year. The Cupcake Camps have been taking place around the country and the has been brought to a very cupcake hungry Orange County by Charles, Esther, Eunice, Jenn and Hannah. There is a suggested donation of $10 at the door and the cupcake tastings will take place all afternoon. So let's all go and support the cause, the event planners and the cupcakes. It takes a lot to put an event like this on so be sure to say thank you to the fabulous five who have taken on the challenge. Who else is going? I'd love to meet you!!!


Images courtesy Cupcake Camp OC

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...