Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Party in my Head - Horribly Expensive Confetti

We've moved to www.cupcakesandcutlery.com - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.





Not sure if any of you saw this is the most recent Domino Magazine, but it led me to extreme party planning mode.  They called their snippet "A glammed-up new year's eve" so immediately my thoughts turned to champagne and caviar, gourmet choco truffles and elegant and decadent finger foods.  The magazine calls out three products to produce this glammed-up affair and they are so over the top, I just had to share.  First is what they dub "fancy confetti" which is a mix of paper, metallic leather, Mylar and linen for just $30/ 8 ounces.  No problem.  Okay, but now let's discuss the handmade pinata for $135.  Gorgeous?  Yes.  And it is empty, so now you have to fill that with Godiva or Vosages chocolates.  This party is getting kinda pricey...But what's that you say?  What should we use for a blindfold to destroy the fancy pinata?  Oh, you should certainly pick up one of these silk charmeuse and leather numbers for just $195.  I bet you have never heard of a blindfold being a family heirloom passed down through generation after generation but for that price, you should try to get as much use out of it as possible.  Don't get me wrong.  All three of these items are stunning and if I had the money, I would probably even consider purchasing them.  I'm fanciful like that.  But now, I am going to go cut coupons to use at the grocery store.  That is how I am rolling right now... All three of these items can be purchased via Confettisystem.com.
S-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...