Monday, October 27, 2008

WHOOPIE ! ! ! !

We've moved to www.cupcakesandcutlery.com - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.




ITS FALL!!!! You might be thinking "yeah, its been fall for like a month now". Or, maybe you live in California like me and you're thinking "um, fall? Its still like 100 degrees here, what do you mean fall?". But see, my seasons don't always work like everyone elses. I mean, while most of the world looks for that "First day of fall" notation on their desk calendars to mark the changing of seasons, I mark mine by food. Maybe you can relate. Like I KNOW its spring when my husband brings home his first Marie Callendar's strawberry pie. I KNOW its summer when I get my first tall glass of fresh-squeezed lemonade or create my first s'more over a beach bonfire. And I DEFINITELY KNOW that Christmas is approaching when my morning latte comes with the Starbizzle traditional holiday red cup. And fall? Well, its pumpkin. And it is officially everywhere. This morning when I was checking out one of my favorite blogs, I ran across this Rachael Ray recipe for Pumpkin Whoopie Pies and got very excited. I love Rachael Ray's recipes, and I love pumpkin. Then I went to see what Bakerella was working up and wow, check out these Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies with Maple Frosting. So happy Monday, and welcome Fall! Maybe you can whip up a batch of these treats for your Halloween or Thanksgiving gathering. Or wrap some up as a hostess gift. Or better yet, make a batch and grab your favorite hot cocoa and bring them over to visit your favorite friend - and have a private party for two complete with warmth, yummy treats and cozy conversation. I LOVE FALL!!!


a-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...