Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ode to wine

We've moved to www.cupcakesandcutlery.com - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.



To my dearest, long lost friend...wine,
Oh, how I have missed you. The way you can turn hamburger night in to an elegant affair. The way you make learning fun. The way you can make a long lunch feel so decadent. These have been 7 long months so far. I look forward to when we can meet again. And while you will be an integral part of the upcoming holiday season for so many others, I will have to be content with just smelling your sweet aroma. I know that most people say that I can drink you in moderation and my baby won't come out with three arms. And while "low birth weight" has never sounded like such a bad idea to me (can I get an amen, T), you just don't taste that great to me right now. My palette is much more tuned in to the fine nuances of the Kit Kat and Ben & Jerry's. But I was very happy to see the folks at Food & Wine Magazine have put out 5 Tips for Holiday Wine Buying. Their tips are smart, simple and the guide is very easy to use. They give several specific wine options, in varying price ranges, to go along with each tip. I love this. And I plan on systematically going through and trying each and every bottle listed as soon as possible. This guide would be perfect for planning your holiday dinners and even planning parties through the rest of the year. Of course, the rest of the website is a wonderful entertaining resource. They have a search engine to find the perfect wine. You simply just put in some key information and they guide you to something specifically suited to your tastes. Now if you'll excuse me, my current amore Kit Kat is beckoning from the other room...
s-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...