Thursday, July 17, 2008

You Clay Me

We've moved to - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.

My five year wedding anniversary is nearly here. And looking back, there are a few things that I wish we would have done differently for our wedding. The location, for one (I will not go in to detail about the wedding location and planner from hell as it was on the beach and did not cost an arm and a leg, and I don't think blogger will allow me enough space to tell you all about the atrocities, but I digress...), my dress and the wedding cake topper. Everyone else liked my dress but I just was never super happy with it. It made my waist look tiny and hid my bottom half, leading to only having to work out the top half of me, so that was good. And I never found a wedding cake topper that I really loved, so used something, i just liked. But don't like it enough to have it out anywhere. I had really wanted something custom made. I had seen a woman who works with clay at the Sawdust Festival probably a year before the wedding and thought of her immediately when I was proposed to. And wouldn't you know it, I couldn't find her card or locate her in a directory for the festival. Some of you may think customized figurines are cheezy, but if you know me and my husband, you know that our sense of humor almost demands caricatures of us to be displayed somewhere in our home. I found One and Only Figurines and think they are great. For about $200 ($99 for each figurine), you can have a great custom cake topper and keepsake to last a lifetime. From the gallery on the site, they do a pretty great job of taking a photo and creating a resemblance in clay. There are quite a few other products on the site that I don't quite understand (like the towel cakes...) but the figurines are top notch. Maybe someone will surprise us with ourselves for our wedding anniversary, hint hint. :) At Cupcakes and Cutlery, we try to stay away from wedding products as much as possible as there are numerous resources for that market. But I think these figures would be great for an anniversary party, milestone birthday, child's birthday party, graduation, bridal shower, etc.


No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...