Tuesday, April 29, 2008

You Scream We Scream...




It has been like a hundred and ten degrees here in good ole South Cali the last few days. Summer hot. No, September hot. (If you don't live in California, you might not appreciate how - although we are known for our summers, its really September that kills you with its million degree heat...but that's another subject). So yeah, its been super warm and I've got to admit, I'm not a big fan. I keep thinking "But its APRIL...isn't it supposed to be raining so we can look forward to all the flowers in May? " But no. No rain, just HEAT. I've got to admit, I was starting to get a little irritated at my weather girl who has been promising me that the spring weather is about to return. But then I realized, that rather than sit around feeling sorry for myself and praying that I don't melt, I should embrace the summer-like conditions. After all, summer has some things going for it. Like my favorite, favorite, favorite treat - ICE CREAM. I love ice cream like a fat kid loves cake. Even better, I love a good ice cream cake!


I think that ice cream cakes are truly one of those underappreciated masterpieces. I mean cake and ice cream together - how can you lose? And there are so many awesome ones to choose from now. Of course, there is your standard 31 Flavors cake from Baskin Robbins. When ordering, you can choose your favorite flavor of ice cream combined with either devil's food or white sponge cake. But did you know that they also have a Candy Craze cake topped with Hershey's kisses? Or how about their Oreo cookie ice cream cake? YUM! They even have an option for those non-cake lovers out there - a Fudge Crunch cake which is as delicious as you would expect - a layer of fudge and chocolate crunchies sandwiched between two layers of ice cream. HELLLLO! But Baskin Robbins aren't the only folks making ice cream cakes these days. Check out the cakes Coldstone is creating. I don't even know where to start. Try their Triple Chocolate Romance (yellow cake with Ghiradelli Chocolate ice cream, Ghiradelli Chocolate Chips and Ghiradelli Buttercream Frosting topped with Ghiradelli Chocolate Caramel Squares....heaven for those of us who have a love affair with chocolate). Or check out the other options like Coffee House Crunch, Cookie Dough Delirium or Peanut Butter Playground. You can order ice cream cakes from Coldstone that serve up to 50 people! And don't think you can't have an ice cream cake for your kids party either. Check out their kid's character cakes! Don't have a Baskin-Robbins or Coldstone near you? No worries, you can also order creations from Carvel, Dairy Queen or Friendly's! So for your next occasion, don't just think cake, think ice cream cake! (I just made myself really really hungry writing this - good thing tomorrow is 31 cent scoop night!)



a-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...