Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Stella and Dot Playdate! Do it!

We've moved to www.cupcakesandcutlery.com - you'll be redirected to this post in a moment.


By now I am sure that most of you have heard of Stella and Dot.  For those who have not, it is similar to Avon in that you buy from a representative and host in home parties but that is where the similarities end.  Stella and Dot is really cool jewelry made for the modern woman and mom who wants to remain fashionable.  Amy and I leave for Blogher in 3 days, and thought we should start figuring out our wardrobes.  Amy suggested we see about getting styled by her friend, Heather, who is a Stella and Dot stylist.  Um, done.  So we turned it in to a playdate.  Heather brought her adorable little girls and make your own pizzas for the kid's lunches.  Amy hosted us at her house and I brought my little ones.  


For the adults, Heather brought this delicious roasted shrimp and veggie orzo salad.  YUM!  But then it was time to get down to business: get us pretty for our first major blogging conference. 


With the kiddos busy eating out on the patio, Heather took over the dining table and set up shop.  You would not believe how fast this all came out.  She's a finely tuned machine.  It was great to be able to see the pieces and pick them up and really get to know the jewelry.  I was surprised by the quality.  Cartier it is not, but WAY higher than H&M.  They have a few different niches that they design pieces for, which means there is something for everyone.  They have really nice delicate stuff as well as totally on trend items.  I tried on my outfits and we fiddled around with what we felt worked best.  


Here we dressed up my $10 H&M dress with a great layered coin necklace and arm candy.  My wardrobe schedule is pretty well set now.  The stress is off.  Not only did Heather help me decide on the jewelry, but gave me suggestions on shoes as well.  She is awesome you guys! 


Amy tried on her outfits as well and Heather added the finishing touches.  Heather is local to Orange County and you should totally book a party.  Heather and I used to take sewing class together and she's ridiculously Martha Stewarty.  She can help you turn a ho hum jewelry party in to a really fun Girl's Night Out.  Or do a playdate like we did and keep her all to yourself (or a select few friends).  Totally fun.  Just add lemonade.  

Not local?  You can buy pieces right on line here.  

And be sure to "like" Heather's stylist page right here.

I want to thank Heather for loaning me these pieces for Blogher.  I'm super excited to show off these great accessories.  And word on the street is they have hand bags coming out at the end of the month!  I can't wait to check those out! 

Sharon 
All photos are mine. 

3 comments:

Jenny @ Hank + Hunt said...

awesome. I like what you're wearing! you will be uber cute!

Melissa C said...

Love this, I want 1 of everything! I bought a oversized shirt at H&M the same pattern as your dress, love it!

Wendy said...

i absolutely 100% want to do this!!!!!!!!!!! After #blogher will you hook me up with the Stella & Dot rep??

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...