Monday, December 27, 2010

December Inspiration Board Challenge - The Final Board

 
Can you believe that December is almost over?  That 2010 is almost over?  Its crazy.  For the December Inspiration Board challenge I left the decision of whether to do a Christmas board or New Year's Board up to Jenna and I'm so glad she picked New Year's!  I never do anything special for New Year's Eve.  I've always had a hard time staying up until midnight.  But I certainly enjoy the idea of entertaining on New Year's.  The parties tend to be more sparkly, spirited and social (thanks in no small part to boat loads of liquor).  And this divine color palette from Darling Clementine does not lend itself to a dull affair.    

Orange is one of my favorites and I can't stay away from grays right now.  So it just made sense that this was going to be my inspiration piece for December. 


The photos she found are stunning and the food is making me wish that my children would appreciate a canape so I had a reason to make some.  Jenna sent along tons of tips for hosting a New Year's Eve party.  Read on!

From the inspiration photo, I used the orange and gray color palette as inspiration to create a New Year's Eve party.  The color palette of orange and gray was a departure from the usual New Year's Eve parties with golds, silvers and blacks.  This New Year's Eve fete would focus on delicious hors d'oeuvres and festive cocktails. 

Decor Ideas:
Tall, clear vases filled with branches and orange hypericum berries
Lots of candles
Gray ribbon wands to ring in the New Year 

Party Menu:
Grilled cheese bites with tomato soup shooters
Bacon wrapped scallops

Drinks:
A champagne table with bottles of Prosecco, Cava and champagne flutes filled with raspberries

Desserts:
A small table set up with an orange linen and a white square cake stand topped with a mini two-tier cake with orange fondant ribbon.


Photo Sources (from left to right):
Branches and Lights via Style Me Pretty
Salmon Blini Puffs via Pepperidge Farms
Soup cups via Style Me Pretty
Napkins via The Knot
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup via Style Me Pretty 
Cake via The Knot
Girl in dress via Style Me Pretty 
Tray passed appetizers via Style Me Pretty
Sparklers via The Knot
Orange paper flower via Style Me Pretty 

Thank you so much to Jenna of Eat Drink Pretty for adding this to what, I'm sure, was an already hectic holiday schedule!  

I'm really hoping to be able to post my New Year's project with Lauren on Friday.  Fingers crossed!  

Sharon






6 comments:

Lisa said...

Love Jenna's Inspiration board, it's perfect for new years! Thanks for sharing, Sharon! xoxo

eatdrinkpretty said...

Thanks so much for asking me to participate in your inspiration challenge, I had a lot of fun with it!

agoodbuild said...

love it!

Nancy said...

Hi, I found you on SoCal Family Connections and love cupcakes so here I am! Cute blog- Im now a follower here and on twitter :o)

Not Just A Mommy! said...

Fabulous board! I love the color combo...maybe because it coordinates with your blog colors???

Jenn said...

I love the orange and grey motif ... still sparkly, but a nice change from the usual metallics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...